users@jersey.java.net

Misc comments on docs

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:56:51 -0700

I downloaded the latest 2.1 ea snapshot and have few comments:

1). The Getting Started at [1] is a much more concise version of the
bundled getting-started.html. I mentioned this earlier as well, and here
again, that getting-started.html is little too detailed for "getting
started". This document is certainly relevant and has great content but
I'd rather see [1] as the standard getting started and
getting-started.html as the one with more details/explanation.

If you still disagree, which is ok, then I'll not raise this topic again :)

2). The common convention for directory name for samples/examples is
"samples". For example look at glassfish-samples, Metro, JAX-WS & JAXB.
I propose to change the directory name from "examples" to "samples".

Even getting-started.html heading (at the bottom of the page) says Samples.

3). IMHO, Samples section from getting-started.html should move as a new
file to the samples directory and then linked from there. Moreover there
are 10 samples and only 7 are linked from the page.

[1] https://jersey.dev.java.net/use/getting-started.html

Thanks,
-Arun
--