users@jersey.java.net

Re: State

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:37:06 +0200

Hi Dale,

See the following thread [1] for some information on this. We are
currently working out the details of state and life-cycle. Per-request
will be the default.

As of now the 0.2 stable and trunk builds create a per-application
singleton of a root resource (one annotated with UriTemplate). To create
a per-request instance you need to do something like the following from
a root resource, for example:

@UriTemplate("/")
public class Resource {

    @UriTemplate("foo")
    public FooResource getFooResource(<parameters>) {
        return new FooResource(<parameters>, <more parameter>);
    }
}

A URI path begining with "/foo" will result in a new instance of
FooResource for each request.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

[1]