users@jaxb.java.net

Unused customizations

From: James Hutton <james.a.hutton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 12:23:00 -0400

I've been off and on again writing custom jaxb plugins to drive additional
tooling for schema generated code. In all this time one thing has never
been clear, why does jaxb/xjc require that all schema customizations be
acknowledged? The reason I ask is that this sometimes results in me having
to write clearing house plugins when using an A->B project setup where B's
schema doesn't use the extensions or plugins. On top of this why does xjc
also cut all the appinfo elements in the ExtensionBindingChecker that
doesn't have a prefix in the magic extensionBindingPrefixes attribute?

Thanks,
James Hutton