users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Why you use jaxb.index file?

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 22:23:06 +0200

Hi,

(this question would be more appropriate for users_at_jaxb.java.net.

When you create a JAXB context with context path (i.e. package names),
JAXB needs to know which classes should it load/map. There are mainly
two ways to achieve this: ObjectFactory class and a jaxb.index
resource. Normally XJC generates the ObjectFactory, you don't have to
generate or jaxb.index at all.

Bye,
/lexi