users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB inheritance conflict - Re-annotatig on sub-classes

From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 20:11:31 +0200

On 29/07/2012, Pedro Andrade Torres <shirkit_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently have this enviorment on my project:
>
> public abstract class Bar extends Foo {
> }
>
> public class Bobar extends Bar {
> }
>

> The reason I'm doing this is that (in mt project logic) every Bobar's
> things collection has a First in it's collection, but not every Bar has a
> Second in it's collection,

As Bar is abstract, there are no objects of class Bar, so this
statement doesn't
make sense to me.

> and Foo is a generic class.

I didn't see this in your code snippets.

If you have a class that *can* be instantiated, and this class
contains a List with arbitrarily mixed objects from some object
hierarchy you'll have specify that *this* list contains such a
mixture.

-W