users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Set instead of List?

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:28:00 -0500

FWIW, I have been using XML Data binding as an alternative to raw XML
processing for vast majority of my XML processing needs for many years
prior to JAXB. My experience is that for the majority of situations the
XML Data Binding (today JAXB) approach is highly reliable, easy to use
and self documenting. The learning curve is not so bad once you get over
the initial hump. I am not sure what bugs you ran into but again FWIW in
my experience in many complex projects I have rarely run into bugs or
other limitations. You may consider giving the SortedSet alternative a
chance as it is really quite a simple solution to the List interface
requirement.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi