users@jaxb.java.net

Re: xjc:simple disabling plural

From: viswanathan vijayabaskar <vijaya_baskar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 07:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,  We are using JAXB in our restful service layer.  We have been using maven plugin to generate our classes without xjc:simple. Recently we have a need to use xjc:simple to generate the @XmlRootElement for some of our classes.  When we did that, it has created plural names for all the list objects.  We have many dependancies on this project and it will be very difficult to ask all the dependent project to change their use of our JAXB classes. Last thing i found is on this topic is
 http://java.net/jira/browse/JAXB-489
 Is there a way to disable the automatic pluralization of the list objects while generating the JAXB classes?  I tried to send it from java.net users mailing list, but it asked for administrator permission.
thanks,VijaySuccess is a Journey, not a Destination.

Please use users_at_jaxb.java.net ML for support requests.

>     We are using JAXB in our restful service layer.  We have been
> using maven plugin to generate our classes without xjc:simple.
> Recently we have a need to use xjc:simple to generate the
> @XmlRootElement.  When we did that, it has created plural names for all
> the list objects.  We have many dependancies on this project and it
> will be very difficult to ask all the dependent project to change their
> use of our JAXB classes.
> Last thing i found is
> http://java.net/jira/browse/JAXB-489
>
> Is there a way to disable the automatic pluralization of the list
> objects while generating the JAXB classes.

If you just want to make few classes caryy @XmlRootElement, you can
use the Annotate plugin
(http://confluence.highsource.org/display/J2B/Annotate+Plugin) to
achieve that instead of using xjc:simple.

Bye,
/lexi