users@jaxb.java.net

JAXB Unmarshalling Exception when Encountering & l t ; and & g t ;

From: THadC <tclotworthy_at_integratedsecure.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:30:24 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am getting unmarshalling exceptions at any encounter of sequences & l t ;
and & g t ; (NOTE: I had to put spaces between the chars so they would turn
into < and > in this post) in my xml. I tried wrappering the corresponding
pieces with CDATA like <![CDATA[& g t ;]]>, but the exception still occurs.

I am using the following classes for performing the unmarshalling
activities:

import javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext;
import javax.xml.bind.JAXBException;
import javax.xml.bind.Unmarshaller;
import javax.xml.transform.Source;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource;

and the exception takes place in the "f = (Filter) u.unmarshal(s);" part of
the code below:

JAXBContext jbc = null;
Unmarshaller u = null;
Filter f = null;
try {
jbc = JAXBContext.newInstance(Filter.class);
} catch (JAXBException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
try {
u = jbc.createUnmarshaller();
} catch (JAXBException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
StringReader sr_xml = new StringReader(filter);
Source s = new StreamSource(sr_xml);
try {
f = (Filter) u.unmarshal(s);
} catch (JAXBException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}

I would be grateful for any insights into how to resolve this. thank you for
any response!