users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Generating Java bindings in different packages

From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:55:05 +0200

You just put the simple type into another schema with another namespace.

           xmlns:jaxb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb"
           targetNamespace="model"
           version="2.0">

<xs:simpleType name="psType">
   <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
    <xs:enumeration value="one"/>
    <xs:enumeration value="two"/>
  </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

</xs:schema>

This is imported from the other schema:
           xmlns:jaxb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb"
           targetNamespace="package"
           xmlns:m="model"
           xmlns:p="package"
            version="2.0">

<xs:import namespace="model" schemaLocation="enum.xsd"/>

<xs:element name="doc" type="p:DocType"/>

<xs:complexType name="DocType">
  <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="Topo" type="m:psType"/>
    <xs:element name="Count" type="xs:int" default="1" minOccurs="0"/>
  </xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

</xs:schema>

-W