users@jaxb.java.net

Re: NPE at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getNearestTypeName(JAXBContextImpl.java:663)

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 06:00:35 -0700 (PDT)

Replying to this old thread. The problem had mysteriously gone away but then
came back just recently. After investigation it turned out that my XSD had
changed and a complexType was no longer supported in the type substitution
hierarchy. However, my test programs were still loading test XML files that
had elements that used the type that no longer existed. The fix was to fix
my test data to not use incorrect types that were no longer supported by
schema. HTH others.