users@jaxb.java.net

_at_XmlJavaTypeAdapter ignored on method level, class leven and package level

From: cfind <hong-linh_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:29:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

I have this service interface that is exposed as a SOAP web service.

public interface RepositoryServiceRemoter {
    @XmlJavaTypeAdapter(DicomAdapter.class)
    public void insertDicomObject(RepositoryObject object, DicomObject
dicomObject);
}

The class DicomObject is a not my own class, so I cant annotate it with
@XmlJavaTypeAdapter on class level. I implemented an XmlAdapter, but the
annotation is ignored. I also tried to annote it on package level and class
level, but I get the same results at startup:

Caused by: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 2 counts
of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
org.dcm4che2.data.DicomObject is an interface, and JAXB can't handle
interfaces.
    this problem is related to the following location:
        at org.dcm4che2.data.DicomObject
        at private org.dcm4che2.data.DicomObject
de.samba.common.repository.remoting.jaxws_asm.InsertDicomObject.arg1
        at de.samba.common.repository.remoting.jaxws_asm.InsertDicomObject
org.dcm4che2.data.DicomObject does not have a no-arg default constructor.
    this problem is related to the following location:
        at org.dcm4che2.data.DicomObject

Thank you for your help!