users@jaxb.java.net

ClassDefNotFoundError for com/sun/xml/bind/v2/runtime/JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder with xjc in Ant

From: KARR, DAVID (ATTSI) <"KARR,>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:09:42 -0800

I'm running 1.5.0_19. I have the JAXB jars, seeming to correspond to
version 2.1.5-b01-fcs. I've constructed a small Ant script that
attempts to generate the client jar for a schema (the Soap 1.1 schema).

When I run it, I get the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/xml/bind/v2/runtime/JAXBContextImpl$JAXBContextBuilder
        at
com.sun.tools.xjc.reader.xmlschema.bindinfo.BindInfo.getJAXBContext(Bind
Info.java:330)
        at
com.sun.tools.xjc.reader.xmlschema.bindinfo.AnnotationParserFactoryImpl$
1.<init>(AnnotationParserFactoryImpl.java:80)

This "JAXBContextBuilder" isn't found in the JAXB jars I have. I
searched for it in the JDK 1.5 jars, and it wasn't there. I did find
it, however, in the JDK 1.6 "rt.jar".

Do I need a separate set of JAXB jars to use with JDK 1.5?