users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Error marshalling JAXB object

From: swtking <rajkal23_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:20:36 -0700 (PDT)

I am able to get the example to work after following your steps. Infact there
was a liittle change.
@XmlElement( name = "adaptedMap" )
    @XmlJavaTypeAdapter(MyHashMapAdapter.class)
    protected Map<String,ArrayList<String>> valueMapList = null;

    public Map<String, ArrayList<String>> getValueMapList() {
        if( valueMapList == null ) valueMapList = new HashMap<String,
ArrayList<String>>();
        return valueMapList;
    }

I had to put in this way, is there any reason?

    protected Map<String,ArrayList<String>> valueMapList = null;

@XmlElement( name = "adaptedMap" )
    @XmlJavaTypeAdapter(MyHashMapAdapter.class)

    public Map<String, ArrayList<String>> getValueMapList() {
        if( valueMapList == null ) valueMapList = new HashMap<String,
ArrayList<String>>();
        return valueMapList;
    }

One more question: xml produced goes with the variables defined in the bean.
Is there any way I can have different name to be displayed in the xml?

        <mapEntry>
            <key>key2</key>
            <listEntry>ela</listEntry>
            <listEntry>elb</listEntry>