users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Maven-jaxb2-plugin issue

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 16:47:19 +0200

Hi,

> I think i find one issue in your maven2 plugin. If in schema you've got
> enumeration with more that 256 elements, it wouldn't create java class.
> Please look to this issue. Actually i could help you with this issue but for
> a some reasons i can't download sources from svn repo.

This has nothing to do with maven-jaxb2-plugin, since the plugin only
calls XJC and does not do any schema processing on its own.

Next, it is an expected behaviour for JAXB/XJC, see section 7.5.1 of the spec.
You can customize it by setting typesafeEnumMaxMembers attribute in
global bindings for you schema:

<jaxb:globalBindings typesafeEnumMaxMembers="1024" />

Hope this helps.

Bye.
/lexi

ps. If you're registered on dev.java.net, you should be able to access
source code from:
https://maven-jaxb2-plugin.dev.java.net/svn/maven-jaxb2-plugin/trunk

pps. I've forwarded the answer to users_at_jaxb.dev.java.net mailing list
so that other developers can see it as well. Generally it's better to
ask such things there. You have more people seeing your question and a
better chance of getting the help. I'm also monitoring the list
constantly.