users@jaxb.java.net

New Hyperjaxb3 website: http://confluence.highsource.org/display/HJ3/Home

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 15:53:05 +0200

Dear Hyperjaxb3 and JAXB users!

In this mail I'd like to announce a new Hyperjaxb3 website.

For some three years the Hyperjaxb3 project was hosted on
dev.java.net. In fact, it was one of the first open-source project in
the Java WS and XML community on dev.java.net.

In these years the Hyperjaxb3 grew from a simple XJC add-on to a
complex multi-module project with samples, tests, templates. And many
many features.

Since few months I've started to feel that Hyperjaxb3 needs more
advanced technical infrastructure than dev.java.net offers at the
moment. The project needed a better content management system, better
issue tracker as well as a continuous integration server to handle
build tasks.

Finally, I've decided to move Hyperjaxb3 project homepage to its own
server. Today I'm proud to announce the new Hyperjaxb3 project
website:

http://confluence.highsource.org/display/HJ3/Home

This website runs Atlassian Confluence as content management system.
Check the following pages for project documentation, downloads,
development and support sections:

http://confluence.highsource.org/display/HJ3/Documentation
http://confluence.highsource.org/display/HJ3/Downloads
http://confluence.highsource.org/display/HJ3/Development
http://confluence.highsource.org/display/HJ3/Support

Our new server server also runs Atlassian JIRA as new issue tracker
for Hyperjaxb3:

http://jira.highsource.org/browse/HJIII

And we also have Hudson as continuous integration server:

http://hudson.highsource.org/view/hyperjaxb3/

At the same time, Hyperjaxb3 remains a dev.java.net project. Source
code of Hyperjaxb3 will be further on hosted on dev.java.net (see
https://hj3.dev.java.net), Hyperjaxb3 distributions will be deployed
to the java.net Maven2 repository (http://download.java.net/maven/2/).

In the nearest future I'll concentrate my efforts on the
documentation. Thanks to Confluence it is now much easier to write and
share the docs. I've already created the structure for the
documentation, but many pages are still TBD - "to be documented". For
a teaser of what the documentation will be, check the following
tutorial:

http://confluence.highsource.org/display/HJ3/Purchase+Order+Tutorial

Our instances of Confluence, JIRA and Hudson are public, no need to
signup to view pages or issues. I also cordially welcome you to help
me with the documentation. Please let me know if you'd like an editor
or developer role. I'd be also grateful for you comments and
suggestions.

In the last lines of my mail I'd like to thank Atlassian for the
granted open source licenses of Confluence and JIRA. Thank you guys
for support and great products.
Further thanks to Kohsuke Kawaguchi and team for the work on JAXB and Hudson.
Finally, many thanks to JAXB and Hyperjaxb users for feedback and support.

Bye.
/lexi