users@jaxb.java.net

scd customization example

From: John Sisson <john.sisson_at_miles33.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:44:25 -0700

Hello

   The documentation for applying scd to jaxb customization is not
helpful especially for the

   case of external customization files.

   I have attached an example that may be a candidate for inclusion in
the samples section of

   JAXB-RI. This sample shows how to setup and use scd for an external
customization file. It

   should be unpacked into samples.

   There are two schemas, MyBase and MyExtended and two bindings for
each; a JXB style and an

   SCD style. The build script creates classes for both and assembles a
jar and test suite

   that allows testing both. Of course the results should be identical.
The build script may

   be edited to pick MyBase or MyExtended; it is delivered for
MyExtended.

   Note that the scd customization allows you to reach into the imported
schema which (as far

   as I can tell from my work) you cannot do with the jxb style of
customization. This means

   that it is reasonable to extend and customize a third-party schema
using scd.

   Note that the scd specifications for addressing the schema are
derived from use of the great

   mhscd tool; the jars for this are supplied in the sample. This
project is pending a new

   release of mhscd, so keep tabs on
'http://www.mathling.com/xsd/scds.html'.

Thanx