users@jaxb.java.net

unmarshalling ignores element-attribute 'xml'

From: korsdal <nabble_at_chicken-flu.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:01:15 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

i just got stuck using jaxb2.1.9.

while generating sources out of my DTD works fine,
unmarshalling my xml-file does not work correctly.

one of the xml-elements contains an attribute called 'lang' with 'xml' as
its prefix:

<myTag xml:lang="en-GB" ...>...</myTag>

this attributes is always NULL in my JaxbObject after unmarshalling.
debugging with specific ContentHandler, shows up, that

public void startElement(String uri, String localName,
                                                String name, Attributes atts) throws SAXException{

    //....debugging attributes
}

contains the correct value of the attribute.
so i guess, the unmarshaller simply ignores this attribute for any reasons.
why?

marshalling a whole, programmatically created Object-Tree considering this
attribute works fine, though.

any suggestions?

thanks a lot
tim