users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Maven JAXB Plugin disappeared today.

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:42:14 +0100

Hi.

> I wanted to post this somewhere so that other people can benefit from my
> problem today.
>
> I have been using the maven-jaxb2 plugin in my application to generate
> sources for a webservice client that I'm putting together with Spring. This
> morning I repeatedly got the build error:
> The plugin 'org.jvnet.jaxb2.maven2:maven-jaxb2-plugin' does not exist or no
> valid version could be found
>
> And in truth I could not find it at all when I looked for it in the central
> maven repository. I eventually found it here:
>
> http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/jvnet/jaxb2/maven2/maven-jaxb2-plugin/
>
> but not here:
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/jvnet/
> or here:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/jvnet/
>
> What is a trifle worrying is that it worked last week (before I added the
> plugin repository), so has someone removed it from the central repository or
> what?

maven-jaxb2-plugin was always distributed over download.java.net, I
never uploaded it to the Maven central repo.

You problem is probably due to the fact that

https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository

is not a valid repository URL since months and should not be used.
dev.java.net suffered some technical issues lately so maybe they
turned down the URLs you were using.

https://maven-jaxb2-plugin.dev.java.net/ site lists correct URLs.

Bye.
/lexi