users@jaxb.java.net

Re: schema-derived annotation - _at_XMLTransient

From: Mahesh Nayak <mahesh.nayak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:39:04 +0530

Hye Clemens,

The sad news is, as of now, there is no way that we can have a
member/class annotated with "@XMLTransient" through the XSD
specification in Netbeans or JAXB. The only workaround at hand is to
have modify the design in such a way that the generated java classes
are inherited to a new class where all members needs to re-annotated
appropriately. Its a pain... I am waiting to get a response from Lexi
who would be trying to get this feature from the JAXB team. But he is
busy genuinely and we will have to wait.

Cheers,
Mahesh