users@jaxb.java.net

maven-jaxb2-plugin, jaxb2-commons, hyperjaxb3 - new versions are available for testing

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:51:23 +0100

Hi,

Last days I've been working very intensively on my OS JAXB projects
and now there are new versions available for testing:

* maven-jaxb2-plugin

I almost fully rewrote it, cleaning up a lot of code. Apart from the
pretty code this plugin features a completely reworked artifact
resolution for JAXB plugins and episodes artifacts. Now you can use
all the normal Maven dependency features like defaulting per
dependencyManagement, exclusions and so on for plugins/episodes
artifacts.

* jaxb2-commons

I've very carefully cleaned up the dependencies of my JAXB plugins.
All of my plugins no longer have "runtime" dependencies on jaxb-impl
or jaxb-xjc, instead these dependencies are made "provided".

* hyperjaxb3

I've cleaned up some code and dependencies accordingly.

Generally I've refactored a lot of Maven poms, cleaning up
unnecessary/ambiguous/incorrect dependencies, reworked poms for
samples and templates. Apart from that very high attention was made to
make all of this compile and work on Java 1.5 as well on Java 1.6.

I wanted to make this announcement first for those individuals who'd
like to test the latest snapshots before I release them. If you'd like
to test, please check out from SVN/CVS and then mvn clean install.
Below are the checkout instructions:

svn checkout https://hj3.dev.java.net/svn/hj3/trunk hj3 --username username
cvs -d :pserver:username_at_cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs login
cvs -d :pserver:username_at_cvs.dev.java.net:/cvs checkout jaxb2-commons
svn checkout https://maven-jaxb2-plugin.dev.java.net/svn/maven-jaxb2-plugin/trunk
maven-jaxb2-plugin --username username

(Since the projects are not released/deployed yet, you have to build
them in this order.)

I'm planning to make these releases within next ten days. After that
I'll continue working on hyperjaxb3 to ensure compatibility with the
latest jaxb-xjc version (2.1.10). There's good progress on that, by
the way.

Stay tuned, work goes on. :)

Bye.
/lexi