users@jaxb.java.net

Finding implementation class from FieldOutline?

Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:19:34 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a plugin for a class generated from schema
(AbstractPreferences) that we've customised like this:

<jaxb:class implClass="service.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl"/>

where PreferencesImpl is a hand-written class. This works somewhat, the
ObjectFactory correctly returns a PreferencesImpl in
createAbstractPreferences(). However I have two problems:

1. AbstractPreferences also has a list of child elements of the same type,
but this is generated as a List<AbstractPreferences>, not a
List<PreferencesImpl> - is this correct? It seems like this should be a list
of PreferencesImpl.

2. From the plugin, when I attempt to customise the "children" field using
the FieldOutline I can't find any way to find out what the implementation
class of the list element type is. Is there a way to get at this
information?

Thanks for any help,
Colin