users@jaxb.java.net

How to tell element from attribute in plugin code

From: Joel Sacks <sacks_at_btmmr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:30:34 -0700

I'm trying to write a plugin that will generate some basic ActionScript
based on a schema, and I'm hooking in at "run" time, so I have access to the
Outline data structure. I've been tracing through various bits of code in
the debugger, and I can't figure out how to distinguish between a property
that will be emitted as an attribute in the Java code, and a property that
will be emitted as an element. Attributes get marked in the Java source
code with @attribute, but I haven't been able to figure out how the
formatter figures that out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

-Joel