users@jaxb.java.net

Re: How to use CopyBuilder?

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:11:47 +0200

Hi.

> From the CVS repository for jaxb2-commons, I found these two class
> CopyBuilder and JAXBCopyBuilder in the
> runtime/src/main/java/org.jvnet.jaxb2_commons.lang.builder package.
>
> Which JARs would I be able to find these two classes in?
>
> Can I use them to clone instances of JAXB-generated classes?

Yes. See the jaxb2-commons/tests/one example for instance.
You have to turn on the -Xcopyable plugin. The generated classes will
then implement Copyable and CopyTo interfaces which allow copying of
JAXB structures.

Here's a couple of sample projects to get you started:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/jvnet/jaxb2_commons/samples-basic-ant/0.4.1/samples-basic-ant-0.4.1-src.zip
http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/jvnet/jaxb2_commons/samples-basic-maven/0.4.1/samples-basic-maven-0.4.1-src.zip

Bye.
/lexi