users@jaxb.java.net

generateValueClass="false" and javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance

From: Dave Rafkind <daver_at_csh.rit.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:15:58 -0400

Hi list, I'm using the JAXB that comes with Netbeans 6.1.

Perhaps I don't know enough about JAXB but I don't understand why I can't use

generateValueClass="false"

in my bindings and then call

javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(package_name_that_got_generated)

It throws a misleading exception about not being able to find "jaxb.properties"
while locating the ObjectFactory, which seems to actually come from an
exception thrown in the constructor of
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RegistryInfoImpl (which seems to refer to
somethign about not allowing interfaces during marshalling).

Is there a real reason I shouldn't be able to do this, and is there anything I
can do instead? I would very much like to seperate the interfaces from the
implementations that I get from JAXB with generateValueClass being false.

Thanks!
Dave