users@jaxb.java.net

Re: jaxb annotation in xsd file

From: Maciej Zubala <maciej.zubala_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:43:08 +0200

2008/9/24 Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>

> well, the behavior seems correct..
>
> if you declare:
>
> class X {}
> class Y extends X {}
>
> and then call a method declared method(X x) with an instance of Y,
> only the X attributes will be visible inside the method.. that's
> expected....
>
> If you can modify this concept through an annotation, I really don't
> know.. I will follow your thread to see if it is possible.. (IMHO, it
> is not supposed to be allowed )

Ok thanks anyway.

Just to add - I also do not get expected behaviour in situation like that:

class Z { - this is some other class generated from xsd file

      X x; - Z has an attribute of type X

}

As Y extends X i can assign object of type Y to x. Now suppouse we have a
web service method

void someMethod(Z z);

When x points to an object of type Y the web service client anyway treats it
as if it was only object of type X and it does not serialize attributes
defined in Y.