users@jaxb.java.net

what does exactly factory.setNamespaceAware(true) do when we use DOM and DTD?

From: legolas <legolas.w_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:56:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
Thank you for reading my post
Can someone please let me know what does exactly
factory.setNamespaceAware(true); do when we use DOM and DTD to parse and
validate an xml file?

Also, Is it possible to use both namespace prefixed tags ( pub:book) and
plain tags( book) in a document which is going to be parsed by DOM and be
validated using DTD? I mean having the mixture of prefixed tags and plain
tag and getting no error from the parser.

Thanks.