users@jaxb.java.net

Marshaller not writing namespace information

From: Tonio <toniocus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:02:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a really big problem, I'm constructing an xml from Java Mapped
Classes
and no information about namespace is written to the output, so the result
is
not a well-written XML just some nicely formatted string :-).

I'm using jvm 1.6.0_05 with whatever JAXB version it has.

I have my Mapped Classes in a jar file, each package has his own
package-info.java with the XmlSchema tag defined, NO ObjectFactory.

Basically my application does something like:

Code Snippet
package test.xml;

import biz.Policy; // mapped classes with their own namespace in
package-info.java

public class Execute {

    public void writeXml(Policy pol) throws Exception {
       JAXBContext ctx=JAXBContext.newInstance(Envelope.class);

       Envelope envelope=new Envelope();
       envelope.policy = pol;

       Marshaller mm = ctx.createMarshaller();
       mm.setProperty(Marshaller.JAXB_FORMATTED_OUTPUT, true);

       mm.marshall(envelope, {output});
    }

    @XmlRootElement(namespace="http://www.xxx.org/xsd/test-cases")
    public static class Envelope {

        @XmlElement
        @XmlElementWrapper(name="list")
        public Policy policy;
    }

}

Resulting xml (sorry for the [])
[ns2:envelope xmlns:ns2="http://www.xxx.org/xsd/test-cases"]
[list] [!-- no namespace prefix here !!!!! --]
    [policy] [!-- no namespace !!!!! --]
    [/policy]
[/list]
[/ns2:envelope]

If I generate the schemas for my envelope class, all things
seems well written, so I'm a bit lost of what is happening.

Some clue of what I'm missing that makes JAXB
miss the policy and list namespace in my resulting XML ?

Thanks in advance
tonio