users@jaxb.java.net

XML Schema to Graph (pretty pictures) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Murray, Paul <Paul.Murray_at_environment.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:38:17 +1000

I have built a project to convert XML Schemas into output suitable for
GraphViz, which can then make a picture of the schema. At the moment,
it's bundled up as a standalone set of JAR files for command line, and
as an ant task. The ant distribution comes with a readme that shows how
to run graphviz from inside ant. I find that pdf output works best,
although graphviz supports a variety of formats.

This project does not use jaxb, but I've posted here because it's
possibly of interest to anyone working with schemas.

It's a little crude at this stage - lacks an ability to specify an
entity resolver or any control over the output. But essentially, it
works: .xsd in; pretty picture out. Kinda handy.

Project site: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlschematograp
Current source:
https://xmlschematograp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xmlschematograp
svn browse:
http://xmlschematograp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmlschematograp/

------
If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the e-mail or attachments.

------