users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Maven Plugins - Which is best?

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:16:23 +0200

Hi.

> There are 3 Maven plugins listed on the main JAXB web page. Can anyone
> describe the differences or make any recommendations about which one is the
> best to use? I'm mainly interested in schema generation.

Actually the choice is between this one:

> JAXB XJC Maven 2 Plugin
> https://jaxb.dev.java.net/jaxb-maven2-plugin/

And this one:

> Maven JAXB2 Plugin
> https://maven-jaxb2-plugin.dev.java.net/

Because this one:

> Maven-JAXB-Schemagen
> https://jaxb.dev.java.net/maven-jaxb-schemagen/

Is a schemagen plugin, it generates schema from classes, not classes
from schema.

Concerning the org.jvnet.jaxb2.maven2:maven-jaxb2-plugin versus
com.sun.tools.xjc.maven2:maven-jaxb-plugin, from my point of view it's
definitely the first one (https://maven-jaxb2-plugin.dev.java.net/).
This plugin has much more features than
com.sun.tools.xjc.maven2:maven-jaxb-plugin, the development is active.
Finally, I'm one of the authors :) and I'd say we keep in touch with
JAXB developers and users and react to the latests features/requests.

So the choice is:
https://maven-jaxb2-plugin.dev.java.net/

Bye.
/lexi