users@jaxb.java.net

Namespace issue in JAXB unmarshalling

From: Deepa Sobhana <Deepa.Sobhana_at_ust-global.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:03:27 +0530

Hi,

I am working on a module which accepts JavaEE deployment descriptors and
parse it using JAXB. The JAXB POJOs are generated using ejb-jar_3_0
version of XSD. The problem is that since the namespace of old ejb
descriptor and ejb 3 are different, I am getting XML parsing exception
when I try to unmarshall the XML file. I managed to find a workaround
for this by adding a filter (using XMLFilterImpl) which set the correct
namespace before passing the xml file to JAXB unmarshaller. I would like
to know if this is the right approach or is there any other way to solve
this issue?

Thanks,

Deepa.