users@jaxb.java.net

Unmarshalling to an existing object?

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:33:21 -0500

In my app I have a JAXB generated binding object instance. The instance
may be modified via "edit" actions. The modifications may be saved via
"save" action or discarded via "discard" action. I am looking for some
way to restore the original state of the JAXB generated binding object
from a snapshot of its original state. What would be terrific is if
there was some way to unmarshal previously marshalled state to an
existing object instance. This would allow me to restore the state on
discard.

Is there any way to do this? If not, how have others solved similar
design issue? TIA for your help.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi