users@jaxb.java.net

Create 1.x classes with 2.x?

From: Jeremiah Voris <JVoris_at_naverus.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:23:39 -0800

Is it possible to create 1.x style classes with the 2.x jars? I seem to
remember reading that it is possible but now all I can find is references
to how to make sure they can work with classes already generated by 1.x. I
cannot yet take on the sizable project of migrating this one application
we have to jaxb2 but need to make a schema change and regenerate the
classes. Sadly, the code I have inherited did not include the old version
of xjc, just a bat file which has the following line:

c:\Development\jwsdp-1.6\jaxb\bin\xjc.bat -p com.package.name.jaxb
com\package\application-schema.xsd

Needless to say, c:\Development\jwsdp-1.6\ is not included in any of the
sources I've been given nor is it stored in anywhere in our scm tree. It
would be awesome if I could get the old executable but, failing that, just
knowing how to generate old style classes with the new jaxb jars would be
a lifesaver.

--
Jeremiah