users@jaxb.java.net

RE: Re: generate javadoc

From: Dave Hoffer <DHoffer_at_xrite.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:14:57 -0500

I'm still not clear where the problem is, do you get the java comments in the generated source?

The best I can tell, I have been investigating this also, is that you cannot get both. If you specify jaxb javadocs you loose everything else. Now I have been thinking of writing a plugin that can do what we want, however it's not clear to me what xs:documentation is preserved by xjc. If the documentation is there and is passed to the plugin, I think via ClassOutline, it shouldn't be too hard to write the plugin.

Again, I found xs:documentation does work but for named complex types only. Is this what you observe?

What do you mean by "and I want to know how to define that "Possible values" in the getter/setter methods...."?

Getters and setters do not have predefined values other than possible facets, regexp and/or enums you have specified.

-Dave