users@jaxb.java.net

jaxb xfire/cxf ArrayOf<Type> mapping

From: sven15711 <svenIT_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:59:29 -0800 (PST)

hello,

i need some help for custimize jaxb binding.
i work with xfire/cxf-tools (wsdl2java) to generate java stubs from wsdl
file.
the problem regards on the generated ArrayOf<Type>-classes. Any generated
method, which use these ArrayOf<Type> as parameter should use real java
array like <Type>[] instead of a class ArrayOf<Type>.
I read something about custimizing the jaxb binding, but this stuff is very
new to me and so dont know, how to manage this binding.

EXAMPLE:
wsdl: https://api.betfair.com/exchange/v3/BFExchangeService.wsdl

This Class use as parameter the generated class ArrayOfPlaceBets, which
implemented a list, without any stter method. but i prefer, if this class
use PlaceBets[] as parameter.
<xsd:complexType name="PlaceBetsReq">
        <xsd:complexContent>
          <xsd:extension base="types:APIRequest">
            <xsd:sequence>
              <xsd:element name="bets" nillable="true"
type="types:ArrayOfPlaceBets"/>
            </xsd:sequence>
          </xsd:extension>
        </xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>

This is the type, which i dont need, but wsdl2java generate such a class
ArrayOfPlaceBets.
<xsd:complexType name="ArrayOfPlaceBets">
        <xsd:sequence>
          <xsd:element form="qualified" maxOccurs="unbounded"
            name="PlaceBets" nillable="true" type="types:PlaceBets"/>
        </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

as parameter for wsdl2java i can assign a external binding file, but i have
no idea about creating such a binding between ArrayOf<Type>-types and real
java arrays <type>[].

could someone give my a tip or a small solution for my problem?

regards, sven