users@jaxb.java.net

Re: sitemap

From: Raymond Wold <raymond.wold_at_teletopia.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:24:03 +0200

Arun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a sitemap.xsd . I am using java1.5 and tomcat 6. I would like to
> generate java class from it and do marshalling and unmarshalling.
> In what level annotaions can be used..Where will I specify the annotations?
> Can you point me to a startup link on this.
> Thanks in advance.

When you generate classes from an .xsd file, it will be generated with
annotations so JAXB can marshall and unmarshall according to the schema. If
you need customizations, rather than annotate the .xsd file (which typically
comes from an external source, and might be overwritten by a new version), you
typically use a custom binding file that you feed to your binding compiler as
you generate the classes.