users@jaxb.java.net

Re: The JAXB book

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:33:25 +0200

Hi.

> I also think it would be useful a comparison with other technologiesas
> XMLBeans, Castor, Aegis...
> XMLBeans seems to be very good, but actually its documentation is really
> lacking!!!
> There are too many XSD2Beans different implementations, and a common
> developer is often misleaded.
> JAXB should be the most used, because is the SUN reference API, but it also
> should be explainend more in detail!!!

Folks, thank you all for the ideas.
I'm currently working on the book structure. I'll post it as soon as
it will be ready (if the publisher permits).
An overview of existing binding tools will definitely be included,
probably with hands-on usage examples and discussions of
applicability.
As for the fairness - well, I'm a big JAXB fan, but not an adept, so
I'll do my best to provide a fair comparison.

Bye.
/lexi