users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB, XML Schema, and Inheritance

From: Jeremiah Voris <JVoris_at_naverus.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:29:00 -0700

"William M. Saxton" <saxton_at_gmail.com> wrote on 09/27/2007 06:21:27 AM:

> I read Kohsuke's "missive" on why inheritance is bad in XML schema's,
> but this was written in 2001 so I wonder if, given the advancement of
> JAXB, it should be reconsidered.

I assume you are referring to this article:
<http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/06/06/schemasimple.html>

If so, I would disregard it. It really doesn't seem directed at the same
audience you would fall into. :) I certainly don't have any problems
wrapping my head around complex types and I use extension heavily with no
problems. My xjc classes generated from those schemas make sense and are
easy enough to work with.

</$0.02>

--
Jeremiah