users@jaxb.java.net

Xjc and using the wsdl option

From: Trent Rosenbaum <trent.j.rosenbaum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:15:38 +0100

Hi there,

I have recently started to explore the use of Jaxb 2 within a
spring-ws project. I am using maven 2 to with the appropriate Jaxb
plugin. I was able to generate my classes without a problem using a
simple XML schema, but would like to generate my classes from a wsdl
file.

My question is not about how to use the plugin with a wsdl file, but I
was wondering about how this functionality is going to develop with
the XJC tool that each of the plugins make use of. The documentation
says that the wsdl flag is experimental and not supported. Will this
be changing or is there another direction the jaxb community is
heading towards?

I am new to this area and would hate to start using this feature if
there is no direction. What sort of approach is everyone else
following?

Many thanks
Trent