users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Re: Threading issue with big instance documents

From: Marc Giger <gigerstyle_at_gmx.ch>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 23:21:44 +0200

Hi Matthias

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 21:51:11 +0200
"Ernst, Matthias" <matthias.ernst_at_coremedia.com> wrote:

> Marc,
>
> I didn't quite follow this thread - are you reading from the same DOM
> in parallel? DOMs aren't necessarily threadsafe, not even for
> reading! Xerces documents build nodes on-demand, for example.
>
> Matthias

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! I did that just as
testcase to verify that xslt is not at fault. In my tests reading the
dom in parallel worked perfectly in opposite tho JAXB reading.

What would be the proper way to read a DOM tree in parallel, e.g for
xslt processing? Serialize and then deserialize in every thread?

Thanks

Marc