users@jaxb.java.net

Extensible soutions using JAXB?

From: Andrew Hughes <azza_at_lisasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:53:10 +0930

Hi All,

I have asked this before and I'm still hunting a solution.... If an
unexpected element is added to the XML content, how can I use JAXB to
handle this? I know I can simply ignore this. But that is not need to
know how to read and write customized/extended elements/attributes to
the document.

Example, my XSD and JAXB bindings expect the following content:
<Person>
    <Name>Homer Simpson</Name>
    <Occupation>Nuclear Technician</Occupation>
</Person>

However, the use of this information model doesn't meet my needs, and
the need for an element not found in the XSD needs to be added... <Country>
<Person>
    <Name>Homer Simpson</Name>
    <Occupation>Nuclear Technician</Occupation>
    <Country>USA</Country>
</Person>

I am trying to provide an open source implementation a standards body
has defined to an existing open source project. The community likes what
I have done, but all continiously request that I provide support for
what is described above. If this can be done with JAXB then I really
want to know how.

Thanks in advance

--Andrew