users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [jaxb-2.x] Cannot attach jaxb annotations to 'ref' elements

From: Kostis Anagnostopoulos <ankostis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:18:55 +0200

On 2/1/07, Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> i.
>
> > (I'm resending this since i got no answer at all)
> >
> > I cannot attach a jaxb-2.x customization on an element defined using
> > 'ref' that refers to an element defined into some ther schema
> > (different file and namespace).
>

> This was not JAXB but Hyperjaxb3 problem consisting of two errors.
>
> 0. JAXB reports this type of problems when customization was not marked
> as reconized. Hyperjaxb3 marks cusomizations as recognized when it
> actually loads the corresponding customization. In the case of
> hj:ignored it happens when classes or fields are tested for ignoring
> (CustomizationStrategy.isIgnored(...) is called for class or field).
>
> 1. hj:ignored was previously not implemented for fields, only for
> classes. Therefore field elements that you marked as hj:ignored produced
> a problem - the customization was simply not checked. I've corrected
> this, fields now can be ignored.
>
> 2. You have marked the portsType complex type as hj:ignored. Nothing is
> processed for this class, i.e. fields are not tested for ignorance.
> Therefore hj:ignored is not marked as recognized. After I removed
> hj:ignored on the type, the problem disappeared.
> Theoretically te first h:ignored should not break the second one, but
> I'd leave it at the moment as is.
>
> Your test project still does not build (some compilation problems) but
> these are already different problems.

A great thank you, Aleksei. The compilations problems are there since
I've just switched from hj2.

Before attaching the new test case, could you please change the urls
of the namespaces and the imports since these are referring to the
network of the company I'm working , and this is a security risk.
(if only i could also remove them from the jaxb-mailing lists....now
i'm at the mercy of the google code-search crawler!)

Thank you again, now i can keep going with the transition to hj3.

Best Regards,
  Kosts