users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Making JAXBContextImpl serializable

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:57:40 -0800

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> I should see what's going on in your profile that's taking long...

I made one more minor improvement, but it looks like the rest is mostly
dominated by the reflection, so without taking more drastic measure,
this seems like the best we can get for now.

One possibility is to use a custom AnnotationReader to read annotations
from an external file or something. That might be faster than using
reflection.

The other possibility is to analyze JAXB bound classes lazily, but that
has a spec-related problem of not being able to detect errors early
enough (which might be acceptable for enough audience, though) and it
probably takes a significant modification of the RI.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi