users@jaxb.java.net

RE: Re: Disable generating getter method

From: <HeruMartinus.Salim_at_infineon.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:02:17 +0100

Ok.
Thanks Kohsuke.

Best regards,
Heru

-----Original Message-----
From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi [mailto:Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:28 PM
To: users_at_jaxb.dev.java.net
Subject: Re: Disable generating getter method

HeruMartinus.Salim_at_infineon.com wrote:
> Thanks Kohsuke,
>
> Problem about this co-variant return type is solved, but I think it
> doesn't work for returning the List of co-variant types.

Indeed. Good point.

> I didn't get what you mean by out-of-box option. Is there then any way

> to do this? Using in-the-box option? (sorry if I miss-using the term).

Maybe I misused the term. I meant "out of the box", which means there's
no handy command line option nor customization that you can use right
after you downloaded the RI.

Instead you'd have to write a plugin. You need to write a custom Field
class by copying UntypedListField and changing it (so that it returns
co-variant return type), then create the equivalent of
UntypedListFieldRenderer for your UntypedListField, then write a custom
FieldRendererFactory to override FieldRendererFactory.getList, then
finally set that custom instance to the Options object.