users@jaxb.java.net

Re: _at_XmlTransient ignored

From: Levi Purvis <javanet_at_purvis.ws>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:22:08 -0500

1. JAXB's default is to use public fields and public properties
(get/set methods). So, unless you use @XmlAccessorType to switch to
FIELD access, you'll need to annotate your get/set methods with
@XmlTransient.

2. Similar problem to #1. By annotating a private field that also has
public get/set methods, you've told JAXB about two properties that are
really the same. Use @XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD) if you
prefer to annotate your private fields.