users@jaxb.java.net

derived by restriction/extension errors, JAXB team seeks input

From: Johnny Tolliver <jxt_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

I'm working with a large and complicated and interconnected set of schema,
almost all of which are out of my control. I'm getting these errors from
xjc:

      [xjc] [ERROR] Base complex type "AbstractProcessType" is derived by
restriction, while this complex type "AbstractDerivableComponentType" is
derived by extension. This is not currently handled by XJC, but we are
seeking input on this issue. Please report this to the JAXB team.
      [xjc] line 225 of file:/C:/home/jxt/snet/ows-schema-25.oct.2006/ows/swe/trunk/sensorML/current/base/system.xsd

      [xjc] [ERROR] Base complex type "AbstractProcessType" is derived by
restriction, while this complex type "AbstractComponentType" is
derived by extension. This is not currently handled by XJC, but we are
seeking input on this issue. Please report this to the JAXB team.
      [xjc] line 14 of file:/C:/home/jxt/snet/ows-schema-25.oct.2006/ows/swe/trunk/sensorML/current/base/system.xsd

      [xjc] [ERROR] Base complex type "AbstractProcessType" is derived by
restriction, while this complex type "ComponentArrayType" is
derived by extension. This is not currently handled by XJC, but we are
seeking input on this issue. Please report this to the JAXB team.
      [xjc] line 248 of file:/C:/home/jxt/snet/ows-schema-25.oct.2006/ows/swe/trunk/sensorML/current/base/system.xsd

Well, this is way too deep for me to have any input, but I would like to ask
what can I do about it so that I can compile these schema with JAXB 2.0.

I'm really really hoping that those error messages do no leave me no hope.

Thanks,
Johnny S. Tolliver
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
tolliverjs_at_ornl.gov, 865-574-1305