users@jaxb.java.net

Re: WebSphere 6.1

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:59:26 -0700

Kenny MacLeod wrote:
> That stack trace looks familiar :)
>
> If I remember correctly, this is caused by having more than one copy of
> javax.xml.namespace.QName in your classpath.

Thanks.

But how does it happen? All QNames are created from the source code like
"new QName(...)" and never via reflection.

So even if there are multiple copies, shouldn't the JAXB RI only see one
  (of many) QName definition, and hence shouldn't that work?

The reason I'm asking this is that if this is a common enough problem, I
could put some defensive logic to check that and report more friendly
error. But I don't know how to do that, unless I know how the failure
occurs.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi