users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [jaxb-1.x] Uploaded jaxb-1.x libs and maven plugin into m2 java.net's repository

From: Gregory Kick <gk5885_at_kickstyle.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 00:36:55 -0700

Kostis,

a few comments about your POMs:

1) regarding the jdk <= 1.3 jars,
<profile>
   <activation>
     <jdk>1.3</jdk>
   </activation>
   <dependencies>
   </dependencies>
</profile>
could be an option for the artifacts that are available. however,
the minimum requirement to run maven is 1.4 so it's really only an
issue for people specifically building against those earlier jdks...

2) Of 160 artifacts in the ibiblio repository that contain "api"
only jsr173_api contains an underscore. I respect your preference
and the fact that it has been used previously, but it contradicts
convention and the example in http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/
guide-naming-conventions.html . The <relocation> tag in
<distributionManagement> can be used to assist in fixing it.

3) I'd like to see that the maven2-repository has at least the same
standards as those of the ibiblio repository. Hence, the POMs should
contain the information required by http://maven.apache.org/guides/
mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html . Obviously, much of this could be
consolidated into a parent pom...

In any event, thanks for all the work tracking down those
dependencies...

greg kick
http://kickstyle.net/