users@jaxb.java.net

Re: [JAXB-1.x] Error while setting <jaxb:javaType> to 'java.lang.Long' for element of type='xsd:ID'

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:25:56 -0700

Kostis Anagnostopoulos wrote:
> I then tried to set 'parse' and 'print' methods and no exception this
> time, but the XJC screamed something like this (not the eaxct error,
> don't just search it up in the codebase):
> [ERROR] the <xjc:idSymbolSpace> was not used!
>
> I think the <xjc:idSymbolSpace> should support types other than
> String. (Dbs use numeric ids, so it is a common requirement).

I think symbol space support is datatype agnostic, but I guess I have to
check.

A test case and an issue in the issuetracker would be appreciated, as usual.

Also, you might know already, but xs:ID and xs:IDREF derives from
NCName, so tokens like "1" or "2" are not valid IDs. So your documents
won't validate.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi