users@jaxb.java.net

Re: HELP: JAXB <class> Declaration failed

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:15:45 -0700

James Mao wrote:
> So my question is, is the usage of <class> correct in my wsdl file? or
> is it a snag in JAXB?

I think you are using it correctly. The problem is that the @implClass
doesn't work like what you think it would. Specifically, it will not
cause your EndpointReferenceType type to replace the generated
org.w3._2005._08.addressing.EndpointReferenceType. Instead it assumes
that your class inherits from the default one.

Unfortunately, I think JAXB lacks the ability to do what you want to do
--- namely to tell it that "I have an implementation class by myself, so
could you just use that, instead of generating one?"

It would be good if you can file this as an issue to
http://jaxb.dev.java.net/. This is an obviously useful feature.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi