users@jaxb.java.net

RE: how i can serialize a ResultSet into XML ?

From: Ted Poovey <tpoovey_at_uscentral.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:23:25 -0500

You should first determine what the schema of the XML should be (an
XSD) if you are planning on sharing this outside your application
especially.

Maybe a better understanding of the why is in order, but to answer
your question within JAXB context.

You would create an XSD to house the data. Generate the classes that
represent the XSD. You would then use that library to map your result
set rows into that XSD by creating the detail objects for each row and
the collection in the file class. Then marshall that highest level
class to a file.

Otherwise, outside of JAXB you could use a custom XML serialization
scheme (class / set of classes)

Thank you

Ted Poovey
Systems Architect